The Original Hundred Board
Playtime is learning time! This expertly handcrafted traditional Montessori hundred board has been modified for more open-ended play so it can grow with your child. Introducing your younger child to a hundred chart will help him/her learn to count and recognize numbers and find patterns. It’s an amazing hands-on learning tool that supports endless learning through play.
Ideas for playing with the wooden hundred board:
1. Put objects in the board for fine motor skills development — first with fingers and then with tongs
2. Color sort with colored balls
3. Try out some simple counting exercises
4. Practice forming/creating shapes
5. Start adding and subtracting — add balls and take balls away to practice counting
6. Move on to some multiplication and division — place balls in different rows and then count away!
Materials & Safety
Materials: highest quality maple wood, non-toxic paints, and sealants that are food safe. The CPSC approval is made by third party labs and we maintain an up to date compliance certificate at all times.
Ages: 3+, wooden balls are a choking hazard
Play is okay! tip
Use the hundred board as a tool or “manipulative” to help make early abstract math concepts, like adding and subtracting concrete.