Mirus Wooden Perpetual Calendar
*Pre-Order, Shipping in 4-6 weeks*
A perfect homeschool toy or tool for the classroom, this handcrafted calendar is a learning staple that will last for years. Children thrive on rhythm. They also love to discover and learn. This stunning perpetual calendar serves all of those purposes. Every morning, visually describe how the day is unfolding and get a beautiful start... while also intuitively answering why the day is the way it is! At the end of the day, set the moon phase hand while gazing at the night sky and say good night to the day.
What sets this wooden perpetual calendar apart?
It not only provides a beautiful place to organize information but it satisfies the innate urges of the child to always be curious and ask why. The season is autumn now. But why?.... Do you see the position of the Earth with respect to the Sun?...
This calendar doesn't just say what, but also, in a visual and intuitive way, points to the "why". This gives an excellent starting point to encourage conversations about our Earth, the moon, weather, seasons and a lot more.
Sections of this beautiful wooden calendar:
1) A temperature section. This sliding (magnetic) pointer sets the temperature.
2) A hanging date section. By default this calendar comes with a chalkboard tile. You can write the date or draw something fun. Have a great picture of the activity you are going to do today? Add it to the calendar!
3) Weather section. Similar to the temperature section, this section helps children prepare for the day.
4) Days of the week section. 7 days wheel with a rotating hand to set the day.
5) Moon phase wheel. Clearly depicts the relationship between the earth and moon and how the moon looks like in each phase.
6) Seasons and months section.
Materials & Safety
Dimensions: 18" long, 8" wide and 0.5" deep.
Materials: Beautiful hardwood maple. The rotating hands and the sliding pointers are cherry, giving a great contrast. The watercolors are printed onto wood, so it is truly heirloom, no fading or smudging.The calendar is finished using linseed oil to bring the beauty of the wood.
Play is okay! tip
Use this calendar to support independence. As your child makes note of the weather and temperature invite them to choose the clothes or materials that they think they will need for the day based on the calendar.